The Haltom City Public Library has received the 2022 Achievement of Library Excellence Award from the Texas Municipal Library Directors Association (TMLDA), an affiliate of the Texas Municipal League. To successfully receive the Achievement of Library Excellence Award, the applicant must exhibit excellence in each of ten categories:
- Services to underserved populations either through outreach, special programs, collaborations with other libraries or organizations, special classes, special collections, etc.
- Innovative and effective marketing materials highlighting basic services and publicity about specific programs the library offers
- Collaborative efforts with community organizations
- Enhanced service to the public during the past year either through increase in service or a change in type of services
- Literacy support for all ages (including summer reading programs)
- Support for digital inclusion through public internet access, digital literacy training, and online library services
- Support for workforce development
- Cultural, topical, and educational programming for adults and families
- Professional staff training to include training opportunities for staff at all levels
- Any other initiatives that speak to library excellence
The Haltom City Public Library demonstrated distinction with its many programs and services, including Homebound delivery service, the Care Closet, bilingual storytime, and partnering with Tarrant County Public Health to present health & wellness classes.
Of the 542 public libraries in Texas, only 73 received this award in 2022.
Haltom City Public Library staff & board members receive a proclamation from the City Council at the April 24, 2023 meeting. The proclamation acknowledges their 2022 TMLDA recognition.