- What is Haltom City’s Property Tax Rate?
Haltom City's current tax rate is $0.608162 per $100 of assessed valuation.
- Is the Haltom City property tax rate the only taxing authority?
No, the City is one of several taxing authorities. Visit our Property Tax Rate page to view tax rates for other taxing authorities in Haltom City.
- What is the contact information for tax assessor-collector?
The City has contracted with the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector to collect property taxes on behalf of the City. The contact information for the Tax Assessor-Collector is:
Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector
100 E Weatherford Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76196-0301
Tarrant County Website
- How do I appeal the tax appraised value of my property?
Contact the Tarrant County Appraisal District at 817-284-0024 or by visiting the Tarrant County Appraisal District website.
- What is the City’s sales tax rate?
The total tax rate for goods purchased in Haltom City is 8.25%. The distribution of the tax is illustrated in the following table:
Taxing Entity Tax Rate State of Texas 6.25% City of Haltom City - General Fund 1.375% City of Haltom City - Street Maintenance 0.375% City of Haltom City - Crime Control and Prevention District 0.25% Total Tax 8.25%
- How do I get a sales tax identification number for a new business?
Contact the State Comptroller’s Office at 1-800-252-5555 or visit the Texas Comptroller website.
- What is the City of Haltom City's total budget?
The City Council authorized a total budget of $84,194,907 in Fiscal Year 2022 to 2023.
- What is the City of Haltom City’s total General Fund Budget?
The General Fund budget for Fiscal Year 2022 to 2023 is $39,823,837.
- What is the total bonded debt for the City of Haltom City?
As of September 30, 2020, the City had total bonded debt of $60,225,642. Of this amount, $43,246,876 comprises debt backed by the full faith and credit of the government and $16,978,765 represents bonds secured solely by enterprise fund revenues.
- What is the City’s General Obligation (GO) Bond rating?
- Moody's: Aa3
- Standard and Poor's: AA-
- What is the City’s Water and Sewer Revenue Bond rating?
City of Haltom City currently has no Water and Sewer Revenue Bond.