Garage Sale Permits
Garage sale permits are issued based on regulations as defined in Ordinance O-2000-002-01. Permits must be obtained at City Hall, 5024 Broadway Ave., Haltom City, TX (mapped below). City Hall is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Bring proof of residency with you, such as a driver's license or water bill. Proof of residency must be of address where the garage sale will take place.
Each week's garage sale listing are available for download here.
- Sale of merchandise shall be restricted to permitted premises only
- No new merchandise acquired for resale shall be permitted
- Duration of each sale shall not exceed 3 consecutive calendar days
- No person shall receive a permit for the same address more than 4 times per calendar year
- The permit fee is $7
- The sign issued by the City shall only be placed in the front yard of the sale address, not less than 5 feet, nor more than 15 feet, from the street
- Signs made by citizens advertising garage sales shall be permitted with these restrictions:
- Signs may only be posted on residential-zoned properties and only with the permission of the property owner
- Signs shall not be larger than 2 ½ square feet in area, nor more than 2 ½ feet high
- Signs may be posted only while the garage sale is open for business
- Signs shall be posted not less than 5 feet, nor more than 15 feet, from the street
- Signs shall not be posted on utility poles, traffic, or sign poles, signs also are not permitted in street
Rain Check Policy
- Garage sales must have been cancelled as a result of rain or bad weather
- Garage sales must not have opened at any time
- Must notify City of the cancellation on the next business day
- Permit fees can be refunded or the sale can be rescheduled
If you have any questions please call City Hall at 817-222-7705 or 817-222-7701.
Tags: Garage Sales