'16 Pumpkin Decorating Contest Winners
The Haltom City Public Library's 2016 Pumpkin Decorating Contest entries can be seen below. Winners are noted in the caption below each picture.
There were four age categories:
- Ages 5-8
- Ages 9-12
- Ages 13-17 (none entered)
- Adults 18 & older
Thanks to all who entered, and take note that there will be a 2017 contest next year!
HCPL - ReferenceUSA Database
The Haltom City Public Library now offers access to ReferenceUSA, the premier source of information for business and consumer reference and research. All you need is a Haltom City Library card. ReferenceUSA includes:
- U.S. Businesses – Data for more than 45 million businesses includes company name, location (address and geo-location coordinates), industries, size (sales volume and number of employees), year established, names of owners and executives, and more
- U.S. Historical Businesses – Historical data for over 198 million business back to 2003
- U.S. Jobs / Internships – Custom search for over 2.5 million job postings
- U.S. New Businesses – 50,000 new businesses are added each week
- U.S. Healthcare – Search for more than 1.2 million doctors and dentists
- U.S. Standard White Pages – Search for over 150 million residents
- U.S. Consumers / Lifestyles – Search over 271 million individuals for market research and to find friends and relatives
- U.S New Movers / Homeowners – Over 300,000 movers and over 100,000 new homeowners are added each week
2016 Writing Contest Winning Entries
The winning entries of the 2016 Haltom City Public Library's Writing Contest can be downloaded here in PDF format.
HCPL's Weekly Story Times
The Haltom City Public Library hosts a series of Story Times throughout the week. The Library is located at 4809 Haltom Rd. For more information call the Library at 817-222-7786.
Pre-School Story Time
Appropriate for ages 3 and older, the Library hosts a Pre-School Storytime on Thursdays from 11 – 11:45 a.m. The first Thursday of each month is the "Parade of Puppets", a puppet show.
Appropriate for ages 2 and younger, the Library hosts a Toddler Time on Fridays from 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
Bi-lingual Story Time
Appropriate for infants to 5 year olds, the Library hosts a Bi-lingual Story Time on Wednesdays from 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Come for bi-lingual stories in Spanish & English. Other activitiess, such as crafts or movies, are also featured.
The Library also hosts special story times throughout the year, including during the annual Summer Reading Program in June and July.
Coloring & Cookies for Grown Ups
The first Friday evening of each month come to the Haltom City Public Library's after-hours "Coloring & Cookies for Grown Ups" coloring party from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Materials are provided but feel free to bring your own coloring accouterments. Relieve stress and have fun at the same time. Adults only, please.
For more information call the Library at 817-222-7786.
"Raspberry Pi" Computer Exhibit at HCPL
A hands-on exhibit, on loan from the University of Texas at Dallas, is now on display at the Haltom City Public Library. This "Raspberry Pi" exhibit is a fun way to learn about computers and computer coding for children (and adults) of all ages.
The computer has three easy-to-use programs of varying difficulty to teach children all about computer coding in a safe environment. This interactive display is in the Children’s Department.
16th Annual Writing Contest Winners
The winners of the 16th Annual Haltom City Writer's Contest have been chosen.
Congratulations to the winners:
HCPL's Ladies' Night Out
The Haltom City Library hosted its 3rd Annual Ladies' Night Out on Saturday, August 13th from 6-10:00 p.m. As in the past, Ladies' Night Out offered a chance to enjoy a night out meeting new friends and mingling with old ones.
In its third year, Ladies’ Night Out is an annual fundraiser in support of programming for the library community including the Summer Reading Club. The evening is an event for women to come together to relax and meet new and old friends, enjoy a sensational dinner, indulge in activities and shopping.
Friends of HCPL Fundraiser Wrap-Up
The Friends of the Haltom City Public Library would like to thank Applebee’s Bar & Grill and the following people for making our fundraiser a huge success:
- Applebee’s Bar & Grill, Rufe Snow Drive & I-820, NRH (Jose Garcia - Kitchen Manager & Mokaya Peterson - General Manager)
- Circulation Staff of the Library
- Pat Davenport
- Valerie Deering
- Patrick Doporto
- Becky Estrada
- Erica Gill
- Josh Grizzelle
- Terri Grizzelle
- Brenda Groschup
- Irvelene Hays
- Rita Morton
- Bonnie Richards
- Nila Richards
- Patsy Sullivan
- Alex Sullivan-Green
- Linda Thompson
- John David Walker
HCPL Hosts GED Classes
Registration for GED classes begins Tuesday, August 2, 2016. Classes are on Tuesdays, Wednesday & Thursdays from 5 – 8:00 p.m. Classes are held at the Haltom City Public Library, 4809 Haltom Rd.
For more information call the library at 817-222-7786.
HCPL Public Computer Access
Internet access to public computers at the HCPL will only be available with a library bar code. Therefore, patrons will need to present a current resident, non-resident or internet use only Haltom City Public Library card or a MetrOPAC library card (i.e., Benbrook, Burleson, Ft. Worth, Keller, Richland Hills or Watauga public libraries). Visit the Circulation Desk for more information.
HCPL Offers Digital Magazines
Patrons can now access digital magazines through your Haltom City Public Library. Enjoy complete digital editions of popular magazines (link here), many of which are only available in this format. To access the 84 titles all you need are an email address and an HCPL library card.
- Read your magazines anytime, anywhere, on PCs, Macs, or mobile devices
- Apps are available for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Android and Windows 8
- Download full-color magazines with interactive elements such as audio and video
- Check out an unlimited number of magazine issues, and keep them as long as you want
- No waiting or checkout period
- Intuitive searching and navigating within each magazine
If you have any question about this new service call the Haltom City Public Library at 817-222-7786 or visit this link.